В ноябре 1930 года поселение русских старообрядцев в Пруссии – Эккертсдорф (Войново) отметило свое 100-летие. На это событие откликнулись не только в Европе, но и в Австралии. В газете The Canberra Times 18 ноября 1930 года появилась следующая заметка:
PRUSSIAN LINGUISTIC «ISLAND»
In Eckertsdorf, in East Prussia, a village in the wooded part of the Masurian plain, there is a «linguistic» island» in the shape of a small colony of peasants who speak Russian and who build their houses differently from their German neighbours.
This colony has just celebrated its centenary. It was in 1830 that a party of 200 Russian peasants, the followers of a monk named Philip Pustovat, went into exile on religious grounds and settled in East Prussia. The sect had broken away from the Orthodox Russian Church and followed a kind of primitive communistic Christianity. They called themselves «Phllippones» after their founder.
By their industry they have attained to a considerable degree of comfort, though a monastery which is attached to the settlement has fallen on evil days and is now practically without resources. It has been converted into a convent occupied by a few nuns who live in great poverty. An orchard which formerly helped to maintain the institution was destroyed in the cold winter of last year.
А в самой Пруссии было издано несколько открыток об этой 100-летней годовщине старообрядческого села.